Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WAHM Wednesday: Jessica from The Littlest Forest



Tell us about your business:
I started The Littlest Forest in 2009 when my son was born. I wanted to make an organic and affordable fitted diaper and wool cover combo because some organic fitteds and wool are way out of my price range. I also wanted to make some diapers in fun prints that were modern and cute in a not too cutesy way.


Newborn Starter Set
What makes your business fabulous?
The materials that are used and the love that is put into making each product makes my business fabulous! I carefully hand pick all materials so I can provide the best organic cotton and bamboo fleece, knit prints, and organic merino wool to my customers. It's just me, myself, and I making these things and each item is carefully made with love. I love cloth diapering, and sewing is my passion, so you can be assured you're getting quality goods.





Why did you become a WAHM?

I wanted to stay home with my son so I could watch him grow and help him learn. Since I am a single mother I need some kind of income, so becoming a WAHM was the best choice for me. If I worked out of my house most of my money would go to day care and I would never get to see my son, so for me this is a win win.


How do you find the time?

It's hard! I generally do most of my work after my son is asleep. Luckily his dad is a big part of his life, so Eli sleeps there a few nights a week, which gives me some uninterrupted time to get some work done. I don't get much sleep, but it's worth it!

Organic Fitted Diaper

Any tips for other WAHMs?
Make a schedule and stick to it! I really need to take my own advice on this one. It makes dividing your time between child, work, house, and down time a lot easier. And don't overwork yourself! Being at home all the time can make you stir crazy, so take a break and get out of the house when you need to. 


Out of all the products you make, which one is your favorite?

Can I say all of them? :) I really am in love with my organic fitted diapers. They are so soft and super absorbent. I let my son run around in just a fitted a lot during the day and we've never had any problems. Plus the prints are so darn cute, you don't always want to cover them up!




Any specials or giveaways we should know about?
I Heart Fluff fans can use code iheart15 for 15% off their purchase at http://lepetitowlet.etsy.com until June 15th!


Are you a work at home parent with a cloth diapering or eco-friendly business? Email me at tara@iheartfluff.com to be featured on WAHM (or WAHD) Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment