Thursday, December 2, 2010

WAHM Wednesday - Erin from Baby Frills


Tell us about your business:

Baby Frills is my WAHM business that sells everything cute, frilly and fun for infants and toddlers. Scruffle Legs are the signature of Baby Frills, but keep coming back as I expand to include other homemade and personalized items for my kids and yours! Watch for other customs to become available at http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyFrills!


What makes your business fabulous?

When my fourth was born, I decided to be wild and cloth diaper. What has made it easier is leg warmers. I didn't have enough money to spring for a bunch of top name leg warmers, so I started making my own. And, I love them. So do my other kids and they have added their input too. I think that makes it original as my 5 year old daughter loves everything frilly.

One day she walked in to where I was sewing and asked if I was making more "scruffles." Of course she meant "ruffles" but the name was born!



White Rugby Striped Scruffle Leg Warmers
Scruffles


Why did you become a WAHM?

I love crafting. I still scrapbook, but that has gone digital so I felt I needed to do something else hands on. What better way to feed my urge to make, than to make for others!


Faux Fur Leg Warmers - How cute are these???



How do you find the time?

Good question! I find that time is a relative term these days. I have four kids aged 6 and under. I also homeschool the older two. Finding time for anything is hard, but MAKING time is a different matter. You need to MAKE time for the things that are a must in your life.


Any tips for other WAHMs?

Maybe one or two tips! Make sure you love what you do and that you are prepared to invest in an idea. It adds up!



LOVE the Owls!!!


Out of all the products you make/sell, which one is your favorite?

I love my Scruffle Leg and Onesie/Top combo. It is just so cute on the little ones and there are so many custom combinations.


Any specials or giveaways we should know about?

Baby Frills is now on Facebook! Watch for more information on giveaways in the near future.






1 comment: